Thursday, June 25, 2009

Who am I...

Well I told you about my passion, but who am I. I mean why do you care about my opinion? I too was one of the very women I now try to uplift and empower. I have been considered a "big girl" most of my life. As a child hood I always received the compliment "you have a pretty face". You may ask what was wrong with that compliment? Let me ask you, how many pretty, slim girls receive that compliment? To my experience, their usually just called pretty. Their beauty is not limited only to their face. So the compliment also felt like a insult at the same time. This compliment actually made me feel less than. Because of this, I wanted to hide my ugliness (my body) by wearing tent-like unflattering clothing.

I had to learn that I am beautiful. Beauty is objective. So what those people didn't see the complete me as beautiful, I now did. I began to learn to dress for my shape. I learned to accentuate the positive. I learned to pick the best colors for me and my skin tone both when it comes to make up and clothing. I developed a love for clothing and cosmetics to help me show the world the me that I most felt comfortable with. And when I became more comfortable in my skin, people started to see me and I no longer get the compliment of just a pretty face. I realized it wasn't my body that was the problem, but my presentation. If you don't feel like the best you you can be, it shows. You are less confident in all aspects of life. When you love who you are and how you look, you are less focused on self doubt and open to focus on the tasks at hand, be it business or pleasure.

Embrace you beauty. Magnify your beauty. Know and feel you are beautiful and worthy and the world is your oyster. I wish everyone beautiful days ahead.

2 comments:

  1. You truly are an amazing woman and you should be very proud of yourself! I too grew up feeling ugly because I was too thin so people made fun of me. I ate all the time but could not gain weight because I was a champion swimmer so I was really thin. They said I looked like a rake with shoes on. Nice compliment! Even when I was pregnant I gained weight but it would not stick. I didn't gain any weight until I was in my 40's then I put on a little. I had no idea how pretty I am until I went to work at my new job and that is all I hear is how beautiful I am. I am going to be 63 this month and I am a grandmother of 5. I did not know I was so pretty until I was in my 50's. I always thought I was average. Thank you for sharing your story.

    Love and Blessings,
    AngelBaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenell,

    If you get a chance come join us at the party on BlogDumps.

    Wolf

    ReplyDelete